GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** ***** Tucker I have a 2006 Silverado 2500

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** Tucker I have a 2006 Silverado 2500 with lbz motor I have had check engine light on coming up 2563 code no performance issues can u help tell me whats going on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: at first u could clear code and would stay off but now stays on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — GM Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Derek Werner replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome!

DTC P2563: Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Performance
The position of the turbocharger vanes is controlled by the engine control module (ECM). The ECM utilizes a turbocharger vane control solenoid valve to control the turbocharger vanes, and a turbocharger vane position sensor to verify the position of the vanes. The ECM will vary the boost dependant upon the load requirements of the engine. Movement of the TC position sensor from the closed position to the open position provides the ECM with a signal voltage through the position sensor signal circuit.

First i would start by checking and or replacing the turbocharger vane position sensor.

It is somewhat common for this part to intermittently fail and set this code.

Worse case scenario is the vanes in the turbocharger are stuck.

If you have a volt/ ohm meter some basic checks can be done to test for proper signal to the position senor.