GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My rear u joint broke on my 82 Scottsdale. It has a 700r4

Customer Question

My rear u joint broke on my 82 Scottsdale. It has a 700r4 tranny in it. Had ujoint replaced. Wen it broke my tranny made awful noise. Drive it an it stays in low, wnt shift. I think the pump broke. Don't know if tranny needs complete rebuild. Marie-TX
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No a mechanic friend put former ujoint in. Didn't bolt 1 hole in a clamp. I'm making him pay for this. I'm stranded now. @home
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I'd my tranny trashed. How much is a rebuild $ ? I take my now former friend to court.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 11 months ago.

sounds like internal failure is this 2 or*****