Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc
77508644

The powered back gate all of a sudden quit. I cannot make it

Customer Question

The powered back gate all of a sudden quit. I cannot make it lift except by doing so mechanically. It gave us no problem prior to this. Is there a fuse that might have gone out or what else could be the problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 8 months ago.

Fuse 23 or 49 in the under hood fuse block will be the ones in question so start by checking those. This particular lift gate has a control module so if those are good I will have to have you remove a few pieces and do some testing with a multimeter but if you have one I can walk you through it.

Was the fuse blown?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ryan, my whole experience with Just Answer was confusing and of little help. My son came along about 5 hours later and fixed he problem immediately. So, I don't want to rate you because it would be a bad rating and that would not help your business. Good luck in the future.