Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Im ***** ***** i have a chevy ss 110000 miles and im check

Customer Question

Hi im ***** ***** i have a chevy monte ss 110000 miles and im check engine light and a few sensors are on. And code is po446
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Also water leaking throught passenger side dust air pollen cowel filter onto passenger side floor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 8 months ago.

Please don't get upset, but since we never know what's on our customers mind when they post their requests, we need to ask questions that might seem unnecessary:

• what year is your Monte Carlo?
  • what's the engine size?
  • I understand the MIL is on and code P0446 is set, but what do you mean by "... and a few sensors are on"?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Year 2001
3800 engine
Coolant sensor, low tire sensor is on to

Ok. Do you mean there are warning lamps on for tire pressure and coolant temperature?

I’m sorry, but I don’t have any other information that could help you at this time. I’ll opt out so others may try. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this request back to me.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

is the code 128??? knowing the number will help us out.

as far as the leak, make sure the cowl under the hood by the wipers is clear of all dirt and debris. if it is full the water has no where to go but into the vents.

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The code is po446
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

ok, thanks. where did the light dome from for the coolant sensor as you indicated???

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

ok, the 446 is a blocked vent valve for the evap system. it is normally and open valve and closed only for when the evap system tests itself. it most likely is stuck closed. there is no way to service it. it must be replaced. you can get it at a part store and it is outside the fuel tank and easy to change.

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

how are you making out

Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.

how are you making out