Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

When it rains it dies out after starting. Distributor set

Customer Question

When it rains it dies out after starting. Distributor set replaces and ignition coil replace.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: After a long day of rain it will start and die out immediately Soon after the rain 24 hours it starts right up
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I have replace everything but the casing Wires for the spark plugs
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Inspect for any wiring connections in the engine and transmission area to see if any connections are loose or if the weather seal in the connector is allowing water to enter/moisture to enter.This is an issue related to moisture and the most common cause can be one of the connections on the engine harness allowing water to enter causing this fault here.I would check all connections for any issues.

If these are all found to be o.k. I would have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are coming up with this fault here.In some cases one or more codes can set related to this fault that will help locate and repair this issue here.In some cases I have seen the engine computer affected by the moisture internally needing replaced.

These will need checked into to locate and repair the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete