Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

I have a 1995 LT1 Chevrolet Corvette. It has no spark, no

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a 1995 LT1 Chevrolet Corvette. It has no spark, no pulse to ignition module, no injection pulse. Have new opti spark distributor, ignition module, coil. Have had tested PCM and tested good.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes fixing myself. Checked high and low revolution from opti to computer checked good. No ignition voltage coming out of computer to ignition module.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced and put on new distributor, new coil, new ignition module. 5v reference voltage, 12v battery voltage going to distributor, 12v battery voltage going to ignition module and coil.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: The battery is new.
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.

Is your scan tool showing RPM while the engine is cranking/turning? Any trouble codes?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No scan tool, but have not seen RPM on dash. No codes at first then then when computer came back and was tested good and put a new opti on it, then checked for codes these are the codes: H16, H48,H36, H41,H43,H43,H33,H15,H64 after testing. Removed battery cable and ran again still didn't clear codes .

I’m sorry, but I don’t have any other information that could help you at this time. I’ll opt out so others may try. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this request back to me.

Best Regards.

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

new expert here

I am sorry for the long wait

so with the key ON does the pink/black show 12 volts at the coil and the ICM ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good morning, I took a couple of days to do rechecks. Yes I did get 12 volts at the coil and the ICM. But what I'm not getting is no flash on white wire coming from the ECM terminal B, no flashing from red wire going to distributor. also, getting no codes.
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 7 months ago.

Let's back up and look at something else.

Do you have a pulsing ground at the fuel injectors when you crank the engine? Injectors have power on one side with key on, and the ground side is pulsed by the ECM.

Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

if you unplug the ICM connector with the key ON does the pin/black and the Dark green wire terminals in the connector show 12 volts with the key ON ? is the black/white wire terminal in that same connector showing a confirmed good ground ?

Did you get this worked out? Wanted to follow up and make sure you got what you needed from me.

Please remember to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated.