Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

I have 2007 chevy avalanche that has multiple codes 0336

Customer Question

hello i have 2007 chevy avalanche that has multiple codes 0336 0449 0121 2138
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the transmission is slipping
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

did all those codes set out of the blue one day ?

has anything been done to correct this issue ?

was anything done to where now you have this issue ?

are you planning on fixing it yourself or going to shop and just want an idea whats wrong ?

how does the transmission slip and when and what speed ?

5.3 or 6.0 engine ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is 5.3 2wd and it slips around 20-25 mph
I just bought the truck and new it had check engine but didn't know it had bunch of them
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

the 336 code is usually a bad crank sensor and or the connection or wiring at the crank sensor

the 121 and the 2138 are both electronic throttle codes which can be bad gas pedal assemblies or throttle bodys or the connections at the throttle body

as for the transmission slipping those codes can alter the engine power enough to cause it to feel like its slipping but would hate to see you spend the money on fixing those things and have a bad transmission

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what do you think is the cheapest thing to fix first before i look at transmisson.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.