GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My lift gate on my 2005 Trailblazer will not latch and stay

Customer Question

My lift gate on my 2005 Trailblazer will not latch and stay shut. How do I get the door cover off to get at the latch.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: How do you get at the latch mechanism.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. If I could get at the mechanism I would clean and grease it and see if that would work.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: I've sprayed WD 40 from the outside but that doesn't seem to work.
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't want a PDF file. I would like you to tell me how to get at the latch via EMAIL

I see, thanks. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks