Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

07 uplander. both drivers and passanger side manual locks

Customer Question

07 uplander. both drivers and passanger side manual locks will not unlock.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have to open the door with the key, no remote, and have to put it in drive and then park again to get any of the other doors to unlock. grocery shopping is the worst.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes i have been back and forth to autozone trying to figure out how to tell which part is bad.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i got the drivers side door panel off and figured out how the lock/unlock button actually clips to the wire harness. but because the passanger door will not work either i am wondering if i should be replacing something on that door. as if that door effects the others performance? like a closed circut
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: it will ocasionally say "delayed locking" if i manually lock it.
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 11 months ago.

Does the passenger side lock work from the passenger side switch, or no?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It will lock but not unlock. Dings and says delayed locking.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Never mind. The button does not lock or unlock on passenger side.

This is a body control module function. It might not even be possible for you to diagnose this without the proper diagnostic tool.

If this were in my shop, I would be using a scan tool to watch the BCM inputs, to see if the BCM is seeing the switch inputs, and whether it's commanding the lock actuator output. It's quite possible that you need a BCM replacement, which your dealer will have to do since a replacement BCM requires programming that only they can do.

Since this is the case, the best advice I have is to give your dealer the $80 or whatever they charge to get a diagnosis on this, and if you do need a BCM, let them install it for you and set it up properly. You can't install a used BCM or anything like that, it must be programmed to your vehicle in order for things to work correctly.