Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

My headlights will not turn off in my Chevrolet 2001 express

Customer Question

hi,my headlights will not turn off in my Chevrolet 2001 express van....what can l do?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I turn off my ignition, my headlights stay on...can not turn off first my daytime sensor lights started to blink and sometimes go off and sometimes stay on...that was ok with me...now l can not turn off my lights without disconnecting my battery
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Chevy Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: also my break lights go off when I step on my breaks, then when I release the peddle they are on ,only the top light comes on when I step on breaks
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes...l hope I can fix it myself
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: is there a fuse in fuse box to turn off headlights for right now so I don't have to disconnect battery terminal everytime?
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Chevy Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Chevy Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Chevy Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The common cause for the problem you are having can be caused by a failing Daytime running lamp module . You should be able to shut the lights off by pulling the #15 fuse for the DRL module located in the interior fuse Panel. Try pulling the fuse and see if the light now shut off. If they do then you are very likely looking at a bad DRL module. Let me know the results and we can work from there.