Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

A 2001 gmc sierra 1500 HD. 4X4 6.0L I replaced the power

Customer Question

A 2001 gmc sierra 1500 HD. 4X4 6.0L I replaced the power steering gear box, the pitman arm and the power steering pump. I had them marked with ribbon but my best friends son decided to tear them off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I do not know where any of my hoses that connect to gearbox or pump go. I put them all back on how I thought they went, but now I have no power steering and my brakes are weak (to say the least.)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hello

this attached image should help you out with checking the pump routing

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

there's also another version if yours has the booster circuit or not

the 1st image I posted is with the booster, this one is without

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you