GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** *****, my 1995 GMC Jimmy with the Spider

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, my 1995 GMC Jimmy with the Spider 4.3 cuts out when you put it in any gear and hit the gas but only if you try to accelerate moderately. If you take it slow it doesnt. Once you are above 1500-2000 rpm its fine. Ive replaced these: IAC valve, TPS, Fuel pump, Fuel filter, EGR valve, Fuel pump relay.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It cuts out only for a second then once it gets going it flies. No exhaust leaks as Ive just replaced all exhaust from manifold back.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, does not cut out when in park or neutral, revs up strong and high swiftly, only cuts out when in gear whether its R (D) D 2 1 doesnt matter as long as its in gear it will cut out for a second.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rarely it will die. Its been awhile since that happened but if it dies (only dies in P or N) itll start right back up and drive fine and all except for the cutting out for a second. Ive done everything i can think of, but just cant seem to figure it out.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on?