Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

2004 Chevy duramax throwing a u1152 code which is hvac comm

Customer Question

2004 Chevy duramax throwing a u1152 code which is hvac comm loss. What can I do to troubleshoot the issue?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

Is it auto or manual A/C?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Manual
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can set settings manually but it does have an auto feature it not a flip lever like an older vehicle. It's on a ls package not a base model.

OK. Disconnect your blower control processor (yep, you guessed it; new name for the resistor). Turn the ignition off and wait a few seconds. Try retrieving the codes again, if HVAC controls light up and U1152 is now gone, replace the resist... excuse me, the blower control processor. Also, check the blower motor for any signs of binding or overheating that may have caused a chain reaction. If U1152 persists, then there is a chance the HVAC control module itself might have gotten damage.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've read a lot about people having starter problems when their trucks throw that code I wouldn't think that would be a related issue but would it be possible? The power wire from my starter to the solenoid broke a soldered on a new connector and fixed it but it would cut out mid crank the broke again a few days later. I wouldn't repeatedly try to crank it cause I didn't want to burn out the started though. Any possible relation like people are saying on forums?

Forums are probably the biggest distributors of misinformation ever. Being a retired engineer, I would love to see the technical argument for the connection between a broken starter solenoid wire and no communication to the HVAC module so I could tear it to pieces ;-)