Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

Pete - my wife has a 2012 suburban that is having some

Customer Question

Pete - my wife has a 2012 suburban that is having some electrical issues. After driving around town, sometimes it will not start. The battery is fully charged, no dash lights or sounds are made...just dead. While driving, every once and while...door locks will switch position, dash lights will switch on and off, radio will interrupt,...usually, when this happens while driving the suburban will not start the next time we try to start it up. In order to get the suburban to start, I've disconnected the + battery connection for about a minute - then reconnected and the suburban starts right up. We are more concerned about the intermittent issues that occur while driving...not sure if a ground wire is loose, theft deterrent malfunction, or bad computer. Dealerships haven't been much help, so I'm trying to diagnose myself.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Triston replied 9 months ago.

The most common thing I've found is bad battery cable, right where the wire goes in the crimp in the terminal on the batter post, it has a high resistance, it's the problem with 90 percent of them, the other times is a module like the BCM or onstar module are most common but the only way to know for sure is to test it when the problem occur. The cables are about $100 each and labor at a dealership is about $300. Please give a positive rating. Thanks