Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

My 2002 Trailblazer is in reduced power mode (check engine

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my 2002 Trailblazer is in reduced power mode (check engine light on and vehicle will not raise rpms above 3000). I'm getting codes P0301 and P1271. I've just changed the 1st ignition coil pack and spark plug and I still get both of those codes with nothing resolved. Considering changing the accelerator pedal, but I don't really have the cash to drop on hunches.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really. It has the potential to stall while idling. Thats about all I can tell you.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 9 months ago.

P1271 tells us that the two separate sensors inside the accelerator pedal assembly do not agree, and this generally means that you need a new APP sensor (accelerator pedal). I'd feel confident replacing the APP.

The APP is NOT responsible for the misfire, but the lack of power should be resolved by replacing the APP.