Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I locked my only key in my 2007 Chevy Eqinox. Is there any

Customer Question

I locked my only key in my 2007 Chevy Eqinox. Is there any way to get inside without causing damage or calling a lock smith
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The keys are on the driver seat, car is currently not running. I went in to grab something and the keys fell out of my jacket pocket.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 9 months ago.

Assuming that you do NOT have an Onstar subscription, is that correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Correct

There aren't many options. I carry a slim jim in my truck for road calls, and I can usually get a door open with that. Even that takes some persistence.

This is going to be a locksmith or AAA call. AAA can come out and they have special tools that they use to gently open the top of the door, enabling them get more tools in there and unlock the door. But if you don't have AAA, you'll have to pay for the service.

One thing I'd try before calling a locksmith: call your local repair shop and see if they'll help you. I get that call several times a year, and I like being able to help people in a bind like that. It's definitely worth a shot, and if the mechanic is successful, he'll be happy to get a $20 tip.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I actually was just about to call AAA. Thanks for your help!

It's my pleasure, good luck with it!