Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

Regarding Chev duramax 06 90,000 ***** ***** vin

Customer Question

Hi, Regarding Chev duramax 06 90,000 ***** ***** vin 1GCHK29216E107261. Is there a glo plug warranty? I live in Kodiak Alaska so don't get much mileage and am late to the problem I'm sure.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an engine warning light on. Been on for 3 trips to mechanic. He says all glo plugs need replaced. Is this warranty work as I'm inside 10 years and less than 100,000 ***** *****.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 8 months ago.

There is no extended warranty on glow plugs. There was a recall for reprogramming the glow plug control module, but that was performed on your truck some years back.

There are no further warranty coverages on your vehicle, due to the age of the truck. Engine warranty was 5 years/100k miles, but even so, the truck was put into service on Jan 3, 2006, so it's just over ten years old.