Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

The check gauges lite on the dash comes on and the gauges

Customer Question

The check gauges lite on the dash comes on and the gauges flat line fuel oil temp not the alt. the stereo also losses power random times this happens could it be the ignition switch
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

This could definitely be an ignition switch issue. When it occurs, trying wiggling the ignition vigorously and see if it comes back to life. It may or may not, if it's the switch, but if it does, you'll know it's the switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I though it could be I will try that ASAP because it shuts off my new stereo

Ignition switch failure is fairly common, too, I'd definitely be starting in the same place.

Good luck with it, let me know if you need anything else!

-Jerry