GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My side airbags went off and also ruin the top liner I got a

Customer Question

hi pearl my side airbags went off and also ruin the top liner I got a new liner coming but can I put a module in that has no air has no air bag because I do not want to replace the air bags
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I have the top liner out the seat belts that are locked there are I'm waiting on my new headliner but wanting to know about putting the module in that says that there is no side airbags will this also clear the dash warning lights saying that there's something wrong with the air bags
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: guess what I have said I'm ready to put it all back together but I need to know about the module and if I can reset the seatbelts myself
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: its a 2012 there's no indication that it was in an accident the side airbags went off they wanted $3,000 at the Chevy garage to fix it and my insurance wouldn't replace it because it wasn't in an accident so so far I'm replacing it for under $500 doing it myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Chevy Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 8 months ago.

What model of Chevy is it?