Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

2001 suburban, battery tests over 12 volts and cables are

Customer Question

2001 suburban, battery tests over 12 volts and cables are connected. No power at all in vehicle. No power loccks, dashlights, radio, anything.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Wife parked it last night. Everything was fine. This morning, no power. Tested battery and it is fine and connected.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I attempted jumping it before i checked the battery. Nothing else.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Just a lot of miles. 160000.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

Sometimes these side-post batteries will look like everything is OK when in effect there is no connection between the cable and the battery lead cavity. First thing you should do is oprn a door, then grab each cable at the battery and turn it clockwise, as if to tighten it. If doing that makes the courtesy lamps blink or come on, then all you need to do is remove, clean and reinstall the battery cables.

Please let me know if that works.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cleaned the terminals and reconnected them. It starts now.

Good job! I'm glad I was able to help you solve this issue.

Best Regards.