Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Had a used 6.0l installed and when i went to pick-up the guy

Customer Question

had a used 6.0l installed and when i went to pick-up the guy asked did the trans shift HARD. i said no . also right turn sig lites up when i push brake pedal, speed-o does not work, and gas gauge only reads half tank. what did they do to my truck?? they also offered to buy it!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

It sounds like they may have left a ground loose or off.A loose or broken or disconnected ground wire can cause this fault here.Most likely this was damaged or left disconnected when the engine was installed.I would have them or another repair facility go over all grounds to the engine and body as well as frame to locate one loose,damaged or disconnected.If they offered to buy it then they may know they messed something up and also may not know how to correct it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete