Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

It cranks fine, acts like it wants to start then dies when I

Customer Question

it cranks fine, acts like it wants to start then dies when I go to run. I just replaced the fuel filter, and I can hear the fuek pump run for a few seconds when I go to off like it always did. 1998 astro van I've had since new but now it is rarely used, thanks john
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: it sat for a couple months, started up fine and like a dummy I just pulled it forward to load it up then shut it off. I wonder if I fould the heck outta the plugs by not letting it get up to temperature?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Chevy Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 11 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the first thing I would do is check the actual fuel pressure. the pump may be running but producing no pressure

Roy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yeah, that wont happen for a few days, got a busy week at work, plus it'll take a while to get there thanks
Expert:  Roy replied 11 months ago.

your welcome

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy