Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2000 Silverado 2500. 6.0, Replaced engine (fresh reman) got

Customer Question

2000 Silverado 2500. 6.0
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Replaced engine (fresh reman) got it together and has no spark
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: teuck would not crank over fully at first (acted as if he battery were dead) fixed a ground and it cranked fine. After I got it cranking it had no spark. Changed crank sensor and it fired for 30 seconds and died. No spark again. Tried another crank sensor. No luck. Changed cam sensor, no luck. Triple checked grounds and added a few, no luck. Swapped computers and did a security reset. No luck. Truck fired up one other time after switching between computers, but again only for 30 seconds.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: The truck ran fine before the old motor blew, still started and ran with a rod knock. Swapped reman and now this is my issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Just to make sure, the reman engine was for a 2000, correct?

Also, what is the security light doing - blinking on and off, coming on and staying on until key is turned off or coming on and going off within 10 seconds

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I figured out the problem. Damaged wires on the cam sensor plug. Thanks for the response anyways.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're not charging me for this are you?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I will have it closed and if you were charged, I dont see that on my end and can have customer service contact you