Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Have 98 2dr 4x4 chevy tahoe had transmission reb iult and

Customer Question

have 98 2dr 4x4 chevy tahoe had transmission reb iult and now can get linbkage cable to hook up. seems to be about a inch long.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When we hook up linkage the linkage seems tyo be about a inch long to hook on the tranny s knob and causes the cable to break
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

is the outer black part of the cable too long or the inside cable with the connector on it too long ?

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
from the black bracket to the part that hooks to tranny seems to long.
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

that end of the cable is adjustable if you release the lock on the outer black cable and can you adjust the cable shorter ?

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?