GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I actually have 2 issues, consisting of hard transmission

Customer Question

I actually have 2 issues, consisting of hard transmission shifting, and rough idle at stop lights. Have replaced MAP sensor, and removed/cleaned MAF sensor. Any suggestions?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car idles rough whenever I am stopped. It is worse when temperature is cool/cold in the morning.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can. There are so many variables, I don't want to continue without some professional advice.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Engine has 79,000 miles on it, and runs very well on the open road. Town driving is where I have the problems
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Chevy Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 9 months ago.

What year/make/model of Chevy do you have?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2007 Chev Cobalt LS 2.2L Ecotec Engine