Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Trying to find out what is wrong with my 2010 Chevy impala I

Customer Question

Trying to find out what is wrong with my 2010 Chevy impala I have a code p0411 but I replaced secondary air injection pump with a brand new pump and code is still on I need to inspect and can't cause of that code
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 11 months ago.

Code P0411 means the onboard computer has not detected the expected system pressure after activating the AIR system. This fault could be caused by bad wiring connections or by by a bad pressure sensor, AIR pump relay, etc.

The tool to use for this type of diagnosis is a scanner capable of actuator tests that would allow us to try to turn the pump on and off whenever we wanted to so we could check the pertinent circuits. Do you have access to such a scan tool?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A dealer should have one I hope ill have to bring it there

Not necessarily a dealer, there are many independent shops that are buying this type of tools and can handle this kind of repair without charging you an arm and a leg.

The car makers are once again forcing the consumer to go back to the dealer for repairs. It's a shame and, in my humble opinion, a gross abuse of the free market system. Hope for all our sakes someone reins them in soon.