Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

New error codeP0172,P0101 P1101 P1201 I clean MAF and MAP

Customer Question

New error codeP0172,P0101 P1101 P1201
I clean MAF and MAP wit MAP cleaner but persist the problem
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

If you look at all those codes together, they seem to be indicating there is unmmetered air going into the engine. There have been reports of PCVs not sealing properly and warped valve covers wreaking havoc with air flow; so, if I were you, I'd start looking at those first, then move on to other areas where air might be coming in like the intake manifold, hoses, etc.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK I will check

OK.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I ve checked the PVC valve ,pvc cover. I did not heard any noise. how can I know if the cover is damaged..,...?

Most of these checks are performed with a smoke machine; if you don't have access to that kind of tool, then you could use a mechanic's stethoscope to go around the valve cover. Other than that, you'd have to remove it and set it upon a flat work bench to check it.