Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

My chevy uplander 2008 wont start, just a click I hear not

Customer Question

my chevy uplander 2008 wont start, just a click I hear not even engine starting. I brought it to gm service and they changed spark plugs and those wires but when I borught it home and try to start it it doesnt start again. Just hear a click again. They say it is not the battery
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A month ago I always start it at the morning by pushing the gas pedal but before doing that I can hear the engine. But now just a click
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

This sounds like the starter relay clicking just the one time. Try grabbing the starter relay and wiggling it in the socket to feel if it's loose and if so see if it cranks over now. If so and/or it was loose try a new relay and also feel if the new one is also loose. If so, and the problem persists, the socket could be worn out.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 9 months ago.

Did you try any of that I mentioned?