Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Need to replace a timing Belt on Chevy Impala 2003 3.4 L 6

Customer Question

need to replace a timing Belt on Chevy Impala 2003 3.4 L 6 cylinder
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Rough Running engine came on suddenly Thought I got some bad fuel but replace fuel filter, and Throttle sensor but will not run right Problem started suddenly
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** vehicle has a timing chain, not a timing belt. The timing chain almost never causes problem so it sounds like you have something else giong on. Does your check engine light ever flash? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has So what else could it be? I have replace several sensors, radiator, water pump, I even went to O'reilleys and had a Check engine light check done on the car and I replaced the parts it said needed to be replaced.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The most common cause is a failed ignition coil. Check to see if each cylinder is getting good spark if any cylinders have no spark or weak spark swap coil's around on ignition module to see if spark problem follows coil. If it follows coil that means the coil needs to be replaced, if not that means the ignition module which the coils mount onto has failed. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.