JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

PO894 code sets intermittently after about 50 miles of ghway

Customer Question

PO894 code sets intermittently after about 50 miles of highway driving.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Also transmission will shift hard when starting from standing stop
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Several steps have been taken. 106K. maintenance was performed. Transmission fluid disappeared. Mechanic advised me the gasket between the transmission and the box behind was damaged. It was replaced A valve was replaced, I believe the tcc pwm, but I am not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 9 months ago.

that's a lock up issue is the torq converter locking up?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How can I tell ?

do u have a good bi directional can tool?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a tool and I have live data at the time the code was set.

and was the tcc engaged?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Again I ask how do I tell?
Should I move to the vehicle where I can read the data?

to test them you push the brakes while giving it throttle and you can hear a definate increase of rpm, sounds like a up shift, or let off throttle and get back on, the RPM's will be raised but right away drop (TC locking up).

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
At about 50 mph, and 1700 rpm. When I get off and then get back on , the tach dips slightly and the goes back to the 1700 rpm

yea r model and motor size?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2005 cad Escalade w 6.2 liter

in 2005 it was a 5.3 or a 6.0 ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
U r correct. 6.0 l

it could be tcc or a failed converter or a number of internal failures here is the test charts

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. I will spend some time going over the test charts.

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you