Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I was doing an injector cleaning treatment on my 02 duramax

Customer Question

i was doing an injector cleaning treatment on my 02 duramax ( disconnected fuel and return line and replaced with fuel lines running into a container with mix of diesl and injector cleaner). about 10 min into it the truck died and lost all lights on the dash. i found tha the 40a ignition fuse had blown and replaced it which gave me dash lights but still wont even crank over. found no other blown fuses. any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the IGN wiring harness for shorts to ground and if ok check the starter relay and for a possible shorted starter solenoid itself. Check for power to the starter small S terminal when in the cranking position. If yes then the starter has failed. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the small s terminal on the starter you mean the smallest of the three terminals on the silenoid? there is power to there but not to the one that goes from silenoid to starter

Ok the one from the solenoid to starter is only hot when the solenoid is energized. That one makes the starter motor turn. The other larger post is hot/POS from the battery and always should have power. Then there is the smallest wire. This is the one that is from the Key switch . Power there should make the starter crank and if it does not the solenoid is bad.