Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I replaced my evap vent valve on my 2007 Chevy Tahoe an

Customer Question

I replaced my evap vent valve on my 2007 Chevy Tahoe an still will not take fuel any faster an a trickle of the pump
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a scan tool that will command the purge solenoid?

If not that's ok, we can still test it:

Remove the vapor line from the charcoal canister coming from the fuel tank.

If the problem is gone, reinstall that hose and remove the vent line going to the vent solenoid. If the problem is gone, check for a restricted vent system.

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do you mean check for a restricted vent system an I will have to unplug the line an drive to the gas station to see if that help
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Yes, you will have to remove it and drive it to the station. Kind of a pain, I know. If you already replaced the vent valve, then you will need to pull the filler neck and check for debris in the full neck screen and the vent tube. Sometimes they get jammed up with dust and dirt.

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

I just wanted to see if you needed any additional help with this.

If you no longer need assistance, please don't forget to rate.