Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I HAVE A 2002 AWD VENTURE WITH DISABLE LIGHT AND NO CODES.

Customer Question

HI i HAVE A 2002 AWD VENTURE WITH DISABLE LIGHT AND NO CODES. The check valve in the rear end does not seem to function would this cause it ? my name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have 12 v at the plug. the drive shaft spins but you can stop both rear wheels at the same time but the drive shaft keeps the same speed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the codes were not checked using a scan tool that is fully compatible with your model here this needs done.Some scan tools will only communicate with some computers in your model and not all of them.A dealers scan tool is usually best or one that is made to communicate with all computers in your model here.There should be at least one code set with this warning on here.

Has anything after market been installed before this issue occurred or were any repairs done on the vehicle at all before this issue occurred here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My scan tool and s a mt 2500 and it can't find a code,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there a temperature sensor in the rear end ?
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Is this scan tool one that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle as some after market scan tools are unable to do this?

Let me know,thanks Pete.