AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I am trying to help a friend - s 2003 S10 sonoma 4.3 has a

Customer Question

I am trying to help a friend - his 2003 S10 sonoma 4.3 has a crazy high idle - when it's starts cold it sits at 1500 then as it warms is just speeds right up to almost 3k. I replaced the MAF but no change, so should I look at EGR and IAC - there appear to be no vacuum leaks on hosing across the engine - I removed the hose to the brake booster and closed that off with zero change.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's about it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. This high idle is usually caused by an air or a vacuum leak or a bad/stuck idle air control motor. Usually it is one of these two things causing this high idle condition. However, sometimes the TPS can go bad causing this high idle as well and or the throttle body/plate/throttle cable could be sticking as well causing this too so just be sure to check this before replacing anything. Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions!