Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

My name is ***** *****. I'm having heat issues with my1993

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I'm having heat issues with my1993 Chevy Silverado I've replaced the heater core, thermostat, and the radiator is full. Yet I'm still not getting heat. Any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The engine temp is at normal. I get luke warm air when I have the defrost on low
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've checked at O'Reilly auto parts, and they said my truck does not have a heat control valve. Any ideas?
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 9 months ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF "both" Heater Hoses feel same Temperature at engine operating temperature, then it is likely the Mode / Temperature Door & / or Actuator, located on the side of the Air Box
Click Attachment below
The Mode / Temperature Door maintains the amount of air thru the Heater Core to regulate Heat

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.