Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

2010 impala air bag codes b0012 rf passenger frontal

Customer Question

2010 impala air bag codes b0012 rf passenger frontal deployment loop stage 2 resistance low dtc status low resistance b0013 rf passenger frontal deployment loop stage 2 resistance open dtc status low resistance . what do they mean and how do I repair them
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

below is the description of the circuit and what it does. from the looks of it, it is a wire harness issue. this needs to be confirmed before assuming anything but from my experience, this is most likely the failure.

Roy

Circuit/System Description

During a frontal crash of sufficient force the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) will allow current to flow through the deployment loop in order to deploy the steering wheel module. The SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage.

There are 2 shorting bars used within the steering wheel module coil connector which will short together both steering wheel module stage 1 high circuit and steering wheel module stage 1 low circuit and both steering wheel module stage 2 high circuit and steering wheel module stage 2 low circuit when the connector is disconnected. This will help to prevent unwanted deployment of the inflator module during servicing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it doesn`t appear to have been in accident. aren`t those codes related to passenger air bag
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

no, its for the harness for the air bag. accident has nothing to do with it

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
aren`t these codes related to passenger side air bag harness not steering wheel air bag harness
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, you need to read the description I sent you.no where does it mention passenger side air bag

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
code description stated passenger
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

what code description???on the generic reader???

if it did, it is in accurate. the code description I gave you is right on point

Roy