Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

THE BUTTON ON THE GREAR SELECTOR IS STUCK AND DOES NOT ALLOW

Customer Question

THE BUTTON ON THE GREAR SELECTOR IS STUCK AND DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO PUT THE CAR IN DRIVE OR REV.(1997 CHY S10) WHAT MAY BE THE PROBLEM?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases the button shaft can bind and cause this here.If this is a shifter that you press the button down on to then shift from park you would want to remove the shifter handle assembly and see if you can free up the button shaft to then shift from park and reinstall the handle assembly.If this does not work in some cases the entire shifter needs replaced.If you need info on how to remove the handle let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete