Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

My daughters 2008 impala oil pressure low stop engine light

Customer Question

my daughters 2008 impala oil pressure low stop engine light goes on occasionally when she goes around a corner, any ideas ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: she is worried and does not want to ruin her car, she is almost at 99,000 miles or about 2000 miles passed her oil change mileage (97,000 miles)the dealer wanted
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, if possible otherwise we will take it to a garage, bot***** *****ne is it needs to be fixed
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: She just mentioned it Saturday, and we have not done anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 9 months ago.

Welcome,

I have been a master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

This sure has the symptom of the oil level being too low. When its low and you go around a corner, the oil in the engine goes to one side and wont be able to get sucked up the pickup tube in the bottom of the oil pan. The first thing she needs to do is add a quart of oil and then just take it in and have the oil changed if its 2000 miles overdue. I wouldnt be worried about any engine damage at this point but make sure she doesnt drive it much until she gets some oil put in it.

Larry

My goal is that you are pleased with my answer(s). I strive for a positive rating. It's the only way i get credit. You can still ask me questions for free after you rate me.

If you have further questions PLEASE just reply and i will work with you as long as possible.

Did you have any further questions?