GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2001 chevey metro 165000 miles getting hot .I ghange

Customer Question

2001 chevey metro 165000 miles getting hot .I ghange thermostat ,radiator.water pumpseems to be working.what do u think the proble is all fluid levels are good
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell whether the cooling fans are coming on?

Has it been overheated?

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fan and senser work
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Have you performed a block test to see if you have a head gasket problem?