BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Got a 2000 chevy malibu, cranks strong, can heat fuel pump

Customer Question

Got a 2000 chevy malibu, cranks strong, can heat fuel pump pressured lines, all good n check out I replaced all 3 I can't remember s
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cranks won't start. Not getting spa t K from wires
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. If you are not getting spark then most of the time it is from a failing ignition control module. These fail all of the time on this vehicle. It can also be due to the lack f voltage to the ignition system from a short or a failing ignition switch. Did you plan on fixing this yourself?