Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

I have 98 ***** ***** that keeps stalling while im driving

Customer Question

Hey i have 98 monte ***** ***** that keeps stalling while im driving or at a stop light. It does needs an oil change and I've changed the IAC and it still stalls. After about a good hr of sitting the car is drivable..but will still stall after about 30 or 40min on the road
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What i just sent is pretty much the the meat and potatoes of the situation. What elese would you like to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, most times the issue with a scenario like this is the crank position sensor, it will stop functioning when the engine gets up to temperature and function again when the engine cools. that is the first thing we always check and replace for a random dying issue and restarting after 30-60 minutes. they are not that easy to replace they are behind the crank pulley in the front of the engine, you need a puller tool to access it. i hope this helps. Lou.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may recieve my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE 1 or 2 stars AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! Lou P.

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.