Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I have a code of P0442 and there are some issues with

Customer Question

I have a code of P0442 and there are some issues with starting the vehicle after it has been sitting for a period of time. Jumping it off works, and I have already had the battery tested.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The battery has already been replaced. The temperature reading for the outside temp is also off by about 80 degrees.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced the gas cap, replaced the battery and used a code reader to determine that there is a small evap leak
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine what its going to take to get this issue resolved we are going to need to know what your working on, I need to know the year, and model as we as the engine size. Post back with complete details and we can work from there.