Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My engine lights starts to blink when I accelerate, Well the

Customer Question

My engine lights starts to blink when I accelerate
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well the engine also makes a jerking sound and I'm picking up a funny odor from the exhaust when I step out the car
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a 2005 Chevy trailblazer
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light flashes that means you have a misfire, usually caused by a failed ignition coil. At this point you will want to check diagnostic codes which can be done at your local parts store for free. It should give a specific cylinder misfire code, then you can swap that coil with another cylinder to see if misfire follows coil, if so replace the coil. This is about a $250 repair to have done at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.