GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 2005 chevy silverado blower motor was going from gh to

Customer Question

My 2005 chevy silverado blower motor was going from high to low by itself and one time stayed on when the ignition was off all before the ac motor quit blowing replace the resistor and still not working I haven't smelled any burning smell like I have read on other post
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 9 months ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Was it a resistor or a transistor you replaced? How many wires?

Did the part fit exactly?

Do you have a voltmeter to check the circuit if I guide you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Resistor coming off the blower I had to splice the wires due to model change of resistor but part did fit no I don't own a volt meter

I think you are going to need a voltmeter, if you had to splice wires I doubt you have the correct one installed. It should be plug and play.

If you want to get a voltmeter they are about $20 for a cheap one and I would be happy to help you test but without one there is very little I can do to guide you.

Let me know if I can help

Thanks