GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 1997 Tahoe just lost power thought it was, i have a

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Tahoe just lost power thought it was
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a 1997 Tahoe guy driving it said it lost power like running out of gas and was low. Would not start he put five gallons in still not start he cranked it too much instead of calling me and burned up th starter. Replaced starter, then new fuel filter then fuel pump would not come on when key on so replaced that and the pump relay just in case, new battery. Too. Will crank a minute then load up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The engine starts and runs correct? Can you keep it running with the foot on the gas pedal? Are there any codes in the computer? Would you be willing to speak on the phone?