GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Was looking help with regards to a head gasket replacment on

Customer Question

Hi. Was looking for some help with regards ***** ***** head gasket replacment on a chevrolet Kalos 1.2 8v s-tec. I bought very cheap a chevrolet Kalos with blown head gasket. After replacing the gasket and rebuilding. I still have plooms of white smoke belowing from the exhaust. Engine idles at around 2000 rpm and wont settle below that. I noticed when I bought the car exhaust system is heavily contaminated with oil/water mix so assumed it will eventually burn of..but having run the car for a little while no difference...my question is, should I replace the full exhaust system or is somthing else a miss....just for added info i did a compression test and cylinders 3 & 4 blowing 150psi & 1&2 blowing 180psi which is a big difference xould this indicate a cracked cylinder head and if so would that cause the smoke....Im pretty convinced it is the cat and exhaust which are fooked but the compression test throughing in some doubt...any help would be much appreciated...thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 10 months ago.

Hello , so have you drove it ?