Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 1999 Chev Corvette. Recently, when trying to use

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Chev Corvette. Recently, when trying to use the heater, just the passenger side is working. The driver side is not working nor is the windshield defrost working. Was working fine, now not so much, what is wrong and what can I do to fix problem, pls advise, thanks.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With two different issues here (defrost not working and passenger side isnt working) most likely this isnt an actuator fault on the heater box as this would be two different actuators at fault in most cases if this was the cause here.It is rare to have two actuators fail at the same time.

What can cause this though is the heater/ac control on the dash itself needing replaced.In some cases the actuators can be calibrated using either a dealers TECH 2 scan tool or another scan tool that can plug into your vehicle and perform this function here.I would have a shop or dealer try to calibrate the actuators to see if this corrects the fault.If this does not correct this issue here then I suspect the control unit on the dash needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete