Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My 2004 chevy malibu reads codes p2101 and p1516, The engine

Customer Question

My 2004 chevy malibu reads codes p2101 and p1516
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The engine lights is on it reads reduce engine power and the engine shakes i replaced the gas Patel sensor and got the sparks plugs done still motor shaking
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

with both of those codes those both are throttle body issues

when both are set either the throttle body connector is bad internally where the wires are crimped to the terminals or the throttle body itself is bad

the best action to take is to replace the throttle body connector and shrink wrap in the new wires to the existing wires one at a time to not mess up the wiring locations in the connector

if by chance it still does this i am sorry to say you need to replace the throttle body assembly to correct this issue

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?