Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

2006 chevy vortex 2500hd trany just started shifting hard

Customer Question

2006 chevy vortex 2500hd trany just started shifting hard when trany temp is 150
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, Super mechanic here. I will do my best to help you with your question/concern.

.

Are there any trouble codes stored?

.

Allison trans?

.

Are the shift delayed when it shifts 'hard'?

/

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
po894 shifts don't seem to be delayed

I see, thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. (which would have to be done before any diagnostics can be accurate)

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/alqmgzdkmhry191/DTC%20P0894.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Did you get that?

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks