Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I was told my glow plugs must be replaced because on eof by

Customer Question

I was told my glow plugs must be replaced because on eof by battery cables were loose on my 07 Chevy Silverado duramax My name is ***** ***** Stevenson
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: They said all glow plugs went bad because when the batteries were replaced one cable wasn't tightened enough causing the glow plugs to fail. This seem ridiculous
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have the 6.6L diesel. Or do they need replacing because the truck has 142k miles? I do not trust this dealership at all.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I had the batteries replaced last November. So would it take 4 months to destroy the glow plugs if in fact it was the battery connection?
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

why did they say they need to be replaced ?

what is the truck doing ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The glow plug light stays on and it is barely running. I can drive it but its not good. They came up with a service bulletin and wrote down word for word what the bulletin says. I'm wondering since I had the batteries replaced 4 months ago and IF th elooe battery cable was the issue wouldn't the plugs of went bad much sooner?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like to know if you have ever heard of this before?
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

i agree they should have sooner

but once the truck is running and warmed up the glow plugs working or not would not make it run bad'

glow plugs are only for the truck starting cold

the light being on the glow plugs are probably bad and due to mileage more so then loose battery cables

i would bring this truck to another shop for a second opinion as you have more than a glow plug issue if it will barely run once warmed up

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer